Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

How the 60's predicted the 90's communications technology

Started by Bricktop, January 13, 2019, 08:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

">

Whilst the technology was hit and miss...mostly miss...the actual services and facilities that would be provided by telecommunications in the 1990's is not far from the mark.

Not bad seeing as how it was looking 30 years into the future. Try doing that today.

Anonymous

That was pretty good even though it's British. ac_razz

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">

Whilst the technology was hit and miss...mostly miss...the actual services and facilities that would be provided by telecommunications in the 1990's is not far from the mark.

Not bad seeing as how it was looking 30 years into the future. Try doing that today.
I have a few predictions about future technology. I should write them down in a journal not to be read until 2049.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
">

I have a few predictions about future technology. I should write them down in a journal not to be read until 2049.
One thing that will gone are journals themselves.

Anonymous

">

I'll watch it when I get home.

Frood

I knew someone who had a mobile phone in their vehicle in the 70's. They worked for a telecom and was outfitted for their job on the road.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

The Police Dept trialled telephones in vehicles in rural areas in the mid to late 70's.

It was patchy at best, but it did work. However, I think it only took incoming calls.

Frood

She said it could be patchy too but I believe it was two way though.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The Police Dept trialled telephones in vehicles in rural areas in the mid to late 70's.

It was patchy at best, but it did work. However, I think it only took incoming calls.

I remember seeing phones in cars in the early nineties.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"The Police Dept trialled telephones in vehicles in rural areas in the mid to late 70's.

I remember seeing phones in cars in the early nineties.

They cut in and out all the time.

Print
User actions